Hi All,
Life if full of choices. When hearing of my decision to go to Palestine one friend's reaction was, "Are you crazy?" I'll address that question in another blog post for those who also wonder and are not so frank as to ask.
Most of our choices in life are of little consequence. What to wear? Which toothpaste to buy?
Many of our choices are significant. Health related decisions - diet, exercise - for example.
And then there are the biggies like who to journey through this life with, i.e. marry.
I may be crazy. I have made a whole bunch of bad decisions. But I did not goof in choosing a wonderful mate. 34 happy years - not bad, huh? - for a couple who got married in 1972! Hey hey hey....anyone who thinks it is all smiles and fun doesn't understand that marriage is about love and commitment and sticking it out through the times that are not so fun. She tolerates a bunch from me - at this point in our lives that means a large percentage of time with an absentee husband. Summers at camp. Lots of meetings away from home. Occasional camping trips. And now this. It is not fun for her. But she understands that I need to follow my convictions. Thanks, Nancy, for your loving support.
Peace, Fred
No comments:
Post a Comment