Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Crazy ?

Hello friends,

Crazy? That would be somebody who uses "Free Range Chicken Poop" chapstick. Yes, indeed folks that is my Mom ! I can sense some of you digging around for the "nut falling close to the tree" quote. I like the Simon and Garfunkel line, "Still crazy after all these years." Me? You be the judge.

I've heard the definition of crazy as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." We send our young off to kill or be killed and expect that to lead to peace. Mankind has been doing so for as long as we have recorded history. And we expect most times that it will lead to peace. It does not. That sounds crazy to me. So why would it be considered crazy to try something different?

In a world that is able to destroy life as we know it I think it may just be crazy not to take step to say, "Enough with violence. We can solve our problems in peaceful ways." If we care about our children and grandchildren and future generations, should we not be willing to take a little personal risk to diminish the threat to them?

Q. Israel and Palestine are a ways off and some might ask, "How is that a risk to your family?"
A. It is one world and a problem anywhere can end up a problem here.

Q. And why should we not be concerned about our brothers and sisters in the Middle East?
A. We should. They love their children and pray for their safety the same as we do.

One friend asked me if this trip might be risky. More on that later....with peace, Fred

2 comments:

  1. Well, I found your blog. Oh, I got home about 6:15 pm, and Carol had some home made chiken noodle soup on the stove. What a great treat after a cold 3 days. Anyway, my thoughts and prayers will be with you in the next 8 weeks as you prepare, and engage in a peace adventure. Good luck and may Alah be with you, or is it Elohim? Maybe it's God..............Later dude. Larry

    ReplyDelete