Hello Friends,
Sometimes in the life the path to take is pretty darn obvious. Yep, that is me -Lake Superior again - slipping through a tight spot in the Pictured Rocks. You don't get to experience this on one of those tour boat sight seeing trips. A kayak gets you up close and personal with the rocks. Can it be more dangerous? At times, yes. It is a little boat on big water. But it is an excellent way to really see, feel and know the rocks, cliffs, caves, beaches and water.
My trip to Palestine is similar. Events, convictions, and opportunities seemed to line up for me in such a way that I felt I had to choose this path. I could have taken the "sight seeing trip" via books, videos or guided tours. But the up close and personal option with a chance to make a different (be it ever so small) seemed more appropriate for me. I hope to see, feel and learn about the issues facing Israel and Palestine.
May the paths you choose lead to peace for you and for others.
More to come, Fred
No comments:
Post a Comment